Student Volunteer Program
Teens healing their Community through hospital volunteering
The Good Samaritan Health Systems Volunteer Teen Program is
designed to introduce teens to various healthcare careers and
activities. This experience will give teens the opportunity to explore
different health careers while enhancing services within our
- Career exploration
- Learn new skills
- Discover new interests
- Personal growth
- Improve self-esteem
- Rewarding experiences
- Graduation requirement
Eligibility and Requirements
- Be 16 years of age to be eligible to volunteer
- Complete Student Application
- Provide letter of recommendation
- Provide Parental/Guardian Permission - Parental Consent Form
- Sign Volunteer Agreement
- Participate in interview at which time volunteer placement and schedule will be discussed.
- Commit to 30 hours of volunteer service
- Commit to one 3-4 hour shift a week with a maximum of two shifts
- Attend Volunteer Orientation prior to the start of their volunteer position.
- Orientations are held quarterly or as needed
- Orientation Schedule
- August for the Fall Program
- November for the Winter Program
- February for the Spring Program
- May for the Summer Program
- Follow Hospital/Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- All students are required to have a
Tuberculosis (TB) test before beginning their volunteer position.
Parental/Guardian permission is required for this testing.
All teens will wear the GSHS Volunteer Teen shirt with light or
dark slacks. No jeans, shorts, tank tops or crop tops. Comfortable
closed toe shoes are required. Teen will be required to wear an ID Badge
at all times while volunteering.
you are interested in our Student Volunteer Program, please complete
the Student Application as well as the Parental Consent Form and
Please forward all completed and signed forms to the Volunteer Office.
Good Samaritan Health Systems
Attn: Volunteer Services
PO Box 1281
Lebanon PA 17042
Or you may request an application packet be sent to you.