GSH Hospice Services
Hospice is a multidimensional program of care designed to treat the person not the disease and provides a full range of services for medical, emotional, spiritual and social needs.
Through GSH Hospice, additional comfort and support for patients and their family members are available through these free programs.
- Medications and methods of pain and symptom control.
- Practical assistance to promote a comfortable setting at home, in assisted living or in a nursing home.
- Flexible admissions, including weekends.
- Access to bilingual staff, interpretive services and literature.
- Highly trained and experienced nursing staff.
- GSH Hospice staff will coordinate the patients home care.
- Bereavement support groups for adults & children.
- Bereavement follow up support for 1 year.
Journey through grief
Offers socialization, resources and support for the bereaved and provides a place to vocalize feelings and experiences with others who have suffered loss. Our program deals with common elements of grief such as anger, guilt, depression and loneliness and helps one understand that grief will subside. Click here for more information.
A very special, 7 week activity club, free of charge, for children ages 6-14 who are grieving the death of a family member. Children can benefit from sharing feelings of loss with others their age.
A group of volunteers who sing to the terminally ill and believe that music helps to offer comfort and a sense of peacefulness.
Our billing representative will check your specific coverage and work with you to make the best arrangements through Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances.