The Good Samaritan Hospital audiology clinic, we may help you to
improve the quality of your life. Audiological services for infants,
children and adults of all ages are provided by a certified Audiologist.
The clinic administers comprehensive diagnostic audiological
evaluations, balance studies and ordering and repair of hearing aids.
Assistive listening devises, customized hearing protection and swim
plugs, as well as customized ear pieces to accommodate your cell phone
for hands-free use are available through the clinic.
How do I know if I need to see an Audiologist?
If you answer "yes" to one or more of the following statements, you may wish to see an Audiologist.
- frequently need to ask others to repeat themselves
- have difficulty hearing in a noisy room
- have ringing in your ears
- have dizziness or loss of balance
- have difficulty hearing on the telephone
- have difficulty hearing alarms on watches or birds singing
- have a history of hearing loss in your family
- have been told that you listen to the TV too loud
How do I know if my child may need to be evaluated by an Audiologist?
Your child should display the following skills:
- 0-3 months: Looks for speakers or sounds
- 3-6 months: Responds to name, understands common words, babbles
- 10-15 months: Can follow simple directions, can identify body parts
- 20-24 months: Combines two words, refers to self by name
- 24 months to 3 years: understood by strangers 80% of the time, speaks 270+ words
(The above is an abbreviated listing of milestones)